THE INS AND OUTS OF THE NEW SOCIAL AND DATING APP SKOUT: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
There is a new dating and social app which is coming out,if not already available. Like all social and dating apps, there are some things each user needs to made aware of. Skout is a community, a community meant to being friends and potential couples together. Like all communities, there are some protocols to follow. It’s best that I bring them to your attention now, so you know what you are getting into.
There are many advantages to using this app, if used in the proper way.
Let’s look at few of these guidelines right now.
1) The app is organized into two separate groups. One group is for the teens. This group is also divided up based on schooling and age appropriation. The other group is for the adults. The adults are also divided up into groups. There are rules that apply for each group. What’s okay with one group, might not be appropriate for another. Skout is very careful about this.
2)Instead of using specifics, the app uses general information. This way the user doesn’t have to reveal anything he or she doesn’t want to. You can also make your own choices as to what to exchange, talk about and when to meet up. This app lets you decide how to move forward with your information and your relationships.
The other benefits kind of goes along with the first one. Those in one group can only talk to those in their age bracket. In other words, a 20-year old won’t able to talk to someone in their 40’s. Skout sets you up with those men and women your own age. This is a big benefit. It’s also a protocol that not many dating or social sites/apps actually put into practice.
3) Skout will ban you for inappropriate behavior and verbiage. They have a zero-tolerance policy on this. If they catch you posting or saying something inappropriate, they will ban you. In general, this site/app has been known to ban over 30,000 users due to wrongful behavior.
4) Skout monitors everything. Their monitoring services are on 24/7. If they notice anything suspicious, you will be notified.
What is considered inappropriate or wrong. Here is a list of what they consider unethical.
1) Those who register under a false age. Example: Someone who is 12 and registers as a 38-year old.
2) Those who harass and send suggestive photos and other images. Sexting fits into this category. Anyone caught sexting or harassing someone, without consent, will be notified and banned.
3)If any member asks for a donation of any kind will be banned.
4) Selling products or spam of any kind will not be tolerated.
5) Any thing that triggers copyright infringement will not be tolerated. This could include photos, graphic images, or other verbiage. Basically, you need to give credit where credit is due. Otherwise, it violates the Skout guidelines.
We are a community here at Skout, be it on your computer or mobile device. With that being said, we ask our users to police each other. If you suspect that someone is infringing on the policies, notify Skout right away. If you are being harassed by someone, it’s up to you to stand up for yourself. We can’t do it for you, nor do we intend to.
It’s the users that help make the app increase in popularity. As long as you do your part, we will work hard to do ours.